Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Drama Has Begun!!!

Seems that my oh so sweet baby girl has found her temper. She threw her first real temper tamper today and it was quite funny, if I do say so myself. It was all over the fact that I needed to make a phone call as I was carrying her around. She wanted the phone that I had in the hand that was not holding her. I did not give her the phone because as I said earlier, I need to make a call, so she proceeded to start to cry and stiffen up. Instead of fighting her, I sat her down which really ticked her off. As soon as I took a step back, she threw herself backward (onto carpet) and started to scream as if I had just cut off her hand. I start laughing (which made her more mad) and calmly turned around and walked away. I then prayed to the wonderful lord above and asked for this to be a fluke and not the norm as I already have one spirited child and would really love to have my calm mellow daughter back. I really hope that God was listening and will have mercy on this household because I thought that I wanted more children until that little episode and if this is his way of letting me know that we don't need anymore, I get the picture loud and clear.

4 comments:

Susie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie said...

Wow, I wonder where the temper came from, hmmmm....
Just wait until she is a teen and the hormones kick in!
I will be praying for your peace!
Love ya
Susie

Amanda L said...

Oh LeAnnie, I can just picture this little episode. Hey if they don't look like you at least they can act like you.

MaryBeth said...

Did you happen to find any of those Love and Logic books at the library?