Thursday, February 14, 2008

One year ago




I can't believe that almost one year ago (on the 17th) Kayce arrived as the newest member of our family. Time flies!!! She still has no teeth and she is not even close to walking but she is still the sweetest most content baby. She has blond curls and big blue eyes. When she was first born I thought that I still wanted one more baby but the longer we go, the more I am thinking that we are done. I am ready to start the next chapter of our lives. Blake will be going five days a week to pre school next year and Kayce will be in the "puppy" class at the same school. I have turned in my application to teach at that same school which also happens to be my church. I am really exceited about the idea of going back to work. (Yet another reason that I think I am done making babies). I am really looking forward to the idea of working again. I might change my mind once start working but right now the idea makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being home with my kids but Blake is ready to be at school full time and Kayce will be right there with me. Hopefully I will still feel this way when the time comes to start working.
On another note:
I am finding myself constantly comparing my parenting skills when it comes to Blake and Kayce. When Blake turned one, we had just moved here and we did not know anyone. So we did not have a party. It was Darren, Blake and me. We had a cupcake for Blake and took pictures of him digging into it. We did celebrate later with my family and with Darren's family, but for his actual birthday, it was the three of us. So now we have lived here for awhile and we have made such wonderful friends. However, I feel so guilty even thinking of having a huge birthday party for Kayce when we did not do it for Blake. So I have decided that we will have a very small gathering on Saturday for Kayce and then on her actual birthday it will be just the four us. I know it sounds crazy but I just can't get past doing something for one of the kids and not doing it for the other.
Here are some updated pictures of Kayce.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Happy early Birthday, cutie!! I think maybe you should consider having one more so that you can stop worrying so much about everything being fair/the same, etc. It's much harder for kids to divide by 3 than 2.