Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kayce has teeth!!!

The fact that my daughter has teeth is a huge relief as she is almost 15 months old and is just now cutting her first tooth. I took her to the dentist last week because of the absence of those pearly whites and he informed me that it did not look like they were even close to coming in. Low and behold, this morning I finally caught a glimpse of the very top of one cutting through on the bottom. I think that she holds the world record for being the oldest baby to cut teeth. Granted, this has not slowed her down in her eating habits. I have not found anything that the girl can not gobble up. She puts Blake to shame in the eating department. So while I am very happy that my child does indeed have teeth, I am a little worried as to what this means in the volume of food she will now want to put down.
On another note, the joys of living in Florida mean that you become immune to the fact that you will live with lizards in your house. As I write this, there is a little fellow on my ceiling looking at me. I tried to catch him but he ran and stayed on the ceiling the entire time. I am not willing to fight this fight tonight, as I have already dealt with a dead snake in my yard this afternoon. I think God is trying to tell me to love all of the animals, even the slimy, yucky ones. So I will go to bed tonight and pray that the lizard remain in the family room and not decide to join us in our bedrooms tonight.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Wow, I think that really might be a record or something... 15 months old cutting a first tooth!! Glad one finally came in. Good luck with the lizard!