Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School

Seems that my son is just not the school type. I knew this before I sent him. I contemplated home-schooling him, holding him out a year or just biting the dust and sending him. Obviously I choose to send him and there have been many times that I have questioned my decision. School is against everything that he believes in. He is my child that does not like new situations and will go kicking and screaming if made to do something he is unsure of. Not to mention that he has more energy than he knows what to do with. So, needless to say, starting Kindergarten has not been an easy task. After the first day, he came home and told me that he went to Kindergarten, finished it and is not going back. Once he realized that he had to go back, he dug his heels in and tried with everything he had to get out of it. The first week he got in trouble 4 out of the 5 days. Most days I was home crying just knowing that I made the wrong choice in sending him. But now, going into the second week, I might be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I have gotten any notes home from the teacher and he seems to be a little bit happier when I pick him up. I am praying that this will continue to be the case and we will end up having a great year.

Kayce is loving school. She claps when we pull into the drive of the church and starts yelling "school, school". She is very happy with her teachers and seems to just love everything about her cute little room.

No comments: