Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Things I can't live without

This post is not about the kids or happenings in our lives. I love to read about products that other people use and love. I hate going to the store and buying things on a whim because more often than not I get it home and hate it. I am a consumer reports girl. Before most purchases, I will spend a lot of time looking up reviews and ratings on that particular item. Call me crazy!! So this is a list of some things that I love and can't live without.

1. Bare Minerals Make-up - Hand down this is the best make-up out there (in my opinion, of course). Yes, there are a lot of little containers of loose make-up and yes, it does get on the sink and counter top, but nothing that does not clean-up in a second. Despite those down falls, this make-up is the bomb. I can't stand to have anything on my face or to have anyone touch my face. I used to cringe when I put on the liquid or pressed foundation because I knew that I was in for a night of feeling my make-up sitting on my face. If I knew that I would be sweating, I would not even waste my time putting make-up on. I tried foundations across the board from the drug stores to the clinique counter. I never really loved anything. Then I was told about Bare Minerals. I was a little hesitant to try it at first due to the price and the fact that you have to buy brushes. But I am so glad that I did. I bought the start-up kit and got everything I needed to get started. This make-up is so light, that I can't even tell I am wearing make-up until I look in the mirror and see an shine free face. I can apply once in the morning and never have to touch up again. Even if I sweat, this stuff will stay put. I absolutely recommend trying it.

2. Gap Long and Lean jeans-- Well worth the price!! They are flattering on most body styles and you can buy them deeply discounted in a Gap outlet.

3. This one is related to Blake. If you have a son, then you must get him a GeoTrax set. I am in love with toys that help Blake play independently. Don't get me wrong, I love to play with him but there are times that it is nice to not have to play by a three year olds rules. This train set is built for his hands. He can easily lock the track in place in any configuration he wants. He has four of the remote control trains that he puts on the track and controls them with the remotes. The trains come with people which encourages him to role play. It does take up a lot of room but I bought a plastic tub and Blake keeps all the trains and accessories in this tub when he is not playing with them. This set keeps him busy for hours. I must have for the boys in your life.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Annie,
i love the bare minerals as well. I used up mine and thought, well I will try the cheaper stuff at Krogers. not good. what is great is it also hids roseacia, Kristina likes it at well. since you have little girl you know you will be facing this soon, (sooner than you think) she can wear the bare minierals and not break out and not look like a Diva with to much stuff on her face.