Monday, January 14, 2008

We are in the big ATL!!

First and foremost, Blake is much better. He ended up having a horrible virus for about 7 days. He ran high fevers and had the "runs" for most of the seven days and was just really run down. He is now recovering and although he is not 100% himself, he is getting there. We arrived here in Georgia around 1:30am on Thursday morning. The kids did great on the trip. We have been enjoying the cold weather (we being Darren and I). Blake does not really know what to think of it. Yesterday we were outside and he was very concerned that Nanny and Papa's grass was brown and not green like ours. We had to explain that the grass dies here during the cold weather. He also asked Nanny where the cold comes from. That was fun to explain. Today we went to an interactive kids neighborhood and Blake had a great time. There was a fire truck, a police car and an airplane that he was able to climb in and play with all of the gadgets. He was also able to go grocery shopping, be a doctor, a banker and a vet. It was a really cool place. I took lots of great pics but I will have to wait until I am back home to upload them. Friday night I was able to have a "girls night" with a lot of my great friends from college. It was wonderful to see everyone again. Hope everyone is doing great. I will update again when we get home next week.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I had a great time with you guys on Friday!! Let's do it again next time you are in town.

Amanda L said...

I am blogging now 2 fun sons on MB's side bar. Seeing you the other night made me realize how much I missed you anyways. Love you