Thursday, January 3, 2008

We made it through the holidays.




Let me start with saying that we had a wonderful Christmas here in Florida. My mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law and 2 nieces all came to stay with us for the week. We also had three dogs. All of us in a 1700 square foot house. And we all survived with no fighting, no biting, no pinching and no major drama. Well, except for Buck, the escape artist, taking a tour of Vero Beach and almost taking residence in the Animal Control. This is a huge accomplishment for the three cousins. The last couple of times that we have been together, Blake and Caroline, who are 5 months apart, have not really loved each other. The problems were Blake pinching Caroline and Caroline crying because Blake did something or did not do something that she wanted. I am so happy to report that this week went off without any of this. All three kids got along great and Blake misses his cousins horribly now. He is like a lost puppy dog. Very sad. He asks me everyday when we are going to Georgia and Kentucky to see everyone. Only one more week and we will be on the road. Darren and I can't wait to get some good cold weather. I am hoping for snow. I know it won't happen but a girl can dream.

No comments: