Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The growing pains




Everyday my children do something that just makes me laugh and in an instant will turn into crazy children. I love to have "conversations" with Blake. He is most definatelty my "why" child. He can talk about anything and everything. I know he gets this from me, I openly admit it. He loves to talk. He is also really into all things bugs and slimy creatures. The other day he met me at the door with a lizard in his hand. He is ALL boy.
Kayce is ALL girl. She already has a love for jewelry. Her favorite toy right now is a purse that came with a bracelet, a lipstick and a mirror. She will wear the bracelet for hours and just walk around jabbering to herself. Darren and I are in trouble when she gets older. She is also really starting to form a little personality. She knows what she wants and can throw a wonderful tantrum when she does not get it. She is great at throwing herself backwards and onto the floor in a fit of rage. The timeouts in the baby bed are about to start happening.
The sibling "love" is very abundant in this house. I know that we are lucky to have one of each sex and I love enjoying the world of both, but I can already foresee a future of screaming kids. Kayce is very good at growling at Blake for just looking at her. Of course there are more times than not that he is doing more than just looking but there is a rare time that he is really not doing anything but looking and she goes nuts. I am actually starting to feel a bit remorseful about how I treated my brother growing up. My nightly prayers are pleading sessions for my children to grow to love one another and be best friends. Do you think God will answer my prayer????

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I certainly hope so. That is one of my prayers for my girls too!

Amanda L said...

Of course God will answer your prayer, but it will be on his timetable and not yours.

Susie said...

I now God answered your mom's Prayers about you and your brother. You all had some humdingers when you were kids as did I and Kathy. Now I just wish we lived closer so we could be even better freinds! It will be the same for your kids.