Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I've Been Tagged!!

My friend over at foursillysisters, Mary Beth, has so graciously tagged me. This means that I am to write 8 things that you might not know about me. Now I was actually tagged a little over a week ago and I have not done my tagging duty because I have been trying to think of eight random things about me to tell. The problem is that I lead a VERY BORING life. Really I do. There is no drama, no abnormal happenings and no excitement that I can think of to write about. I lead a very normal day to day life. Here are the few things I could think of to write.

1. I once was a probation officer and I carried a gun. I was able to shoot a 98 out of 100 almost every time I had to qualify. No, I never had to use it out on the street, only to qualify. I do not miss that job at all. I can still shoot a gun and I still have one that I keep close when Darren is gone but I like not having to deal with the scum of the earth on a daily basis.

2. Darren and I have been happily married for seven years and have been together for ten. I am very proud of this, as it seems like divorce is so common these days. Darren and I have been through a lot together, including moving our family away from home. This is something that will either pull you closer together or make you turn against each other. This move brought us closer together and although we are ready to move closer to home, we know that we can make it through anything together.

3. I do not like to admit when I am wrong. I actually hate it. My dad used to tell me that if I did not go to law school it would be a waste of talent. I can argue with a wall. I like to think that I am better about this now that I am older but I am sure Darren will say that I am not any better. I do know this is a weakness of mine and I do try to work on this everyday.

4. I am a Disney World Junkie. I love the place. It really is the most magical place on earth. Darren hates it. So needless to say, when he asks me what I want to do on the weekends and I say, Lets go to Disney, he cringes. Blake is taking after me in this area. He also loves going to Disney. Most days he asks if we can go see Mickey after his nap. Hopefully, Kayce will also follow the trend and then we will out number Darren.

5. My first car was a 74 VW beetle. I loved this car. I paid about 500 dollars for it and it was worth every penny. Of course, at the time I did not appreciate it as I should have. I locked the engine up twice because I did not keep tabs on the oil levels. I wish I still had that car but then I guess it would not be as practical as my mini.

That is really all I can think of. If any of you can think of some interesting facts about me that I don't know, please feel free to let me know. By the way, I am supposed to tag other bloggers now, so Susie and Kristina, your tagged!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Thanks for playing along LeAnne. So funny you also had a hard time coming up with your random little known facts about yourself... I had to ask Scott for help with mine. I was only able to use a few of his suggestions (as you can imagine)! I love getting pics of your kids... they are great.

Susie said...

I guess this means I am tagged,
my daughter's Girl scout troop has a blog so I guess I will tag them
I love hearing you finally admit you could argue with a wall. Kristina has inherited that trait. being a teenager she is bent on prefecting the art.